Writing Effective Story Openings - teaching resource
Writing Effective Story Openings (15 slide editable PowerPoint with 2 worksheets)
'Writing Effective Story Openings' is designed to help pupils improve their creative writing skills. The resource is made up of an editable PowerPoint (with 2 accompanying worksheets) which takes you through the activities step by step so that you can deliver the lesson easily.
- How to create an effective setting
- Examining how writers convey mood and atmosphere
- How to use the senses to create imagery
- A guide to turning notes into prose
- A model text to help students through the process
Although it is designed with KS3 pupils in mind, ‘Writing Effective Story Openings’ can be easily adapted for use with upper KS2 or lower ability KS4 pupils.
To preview ‘Writing Effective Story Openings’ please click on the images opposite.
Related resourcesOur Price : £1.99 / 2 Credits