Wonder - Unit of Work Part One - teaching resource
Wonder - Unit of Work Part One
‘Wonder – Unit of Work Part One’ explores the first eleven chapters of the novel ‘Wonder’ by R J Palacio. The unit begins with an introduction to the book and author before focusing on understanding the novel's plot, characters, themes and use of language. The resource contains ten lessons (made up of an 85-slide PowerPoint presentation and 23 worksheets) which explore the book from Chapter One, ‘August’ to Chapter Eleven, 'The Performance Space'.
The unit contains a range of teaching and learning activities including:
- Developing reading and vocabulary skills
- Differentiated tasks (Gold, Silver and Bronze) to provide appropriate learning for all pupils
- Reading and comprehension tasks
- Grammar, punctuation and spelling activities that cover contractions, time adverbials, pronouns, homophones, synonyms and word classes
- Language study – comparing American and British English
- Discussing key themes
- Character analysis
- Formal and informal writing
- Drama activities and freeze framing
- And much more!
To preview ‘Wonder – Unit of Work Part One’ in detail click on the images from the PowerPoint presentation.Our Price : £5.99 / 6 Credits