War Horse by Michael Morpurgo - teaching resource
War Horse teaching resources (138 slide PowerPoint, 14 lessons and 7 worksheets)
Our War Horse teaching unit is a ready to teach resource perfect for use with either upper KS2 or Year 7. This English teaching resource is made up of a range of lessons, tasks and activities designed to develop key reading skills and pupil knowledge and understanding of the historical context, plot, characters, language and themes of the novel.
Our War Horse teaching resource includes a range of teaching ideas and activities for all abilities. To find out more click on the images opposite and view the contents description below.
War Horse teaching resource contents:
- Unit of work overview with 14 four-part lessons covering historical context, plot, character, themes and language
- Character analysis - Joey, Albert, Father, Captain Nicholls and others
- Extension tasks and activities
- Exploring WW1 - contextual understanding research activity
- Developing inference and deduction skills
- Empathetic writing - Joey's diary
- Developing spoken English and character knowledge and understanding through hotseating
- Analysing Michael Morpurgo's use of language and narrative structure in War Horse
- Writing a newspaper story about key events in the story
- and much more!
To view English Teaching Resources: War Horse by Michael Morpurgo in more detail click on the PowerPoint images opposite.Our Price : £12.99 / 13 Credits