The Monkey's Paw - teaching resource
The Monkey's Paw – Teaching Unit
‘The Monkey's Paw’ is a unit of work with a lesson by lesson overview, a 78-slide editable PowerPoint presentation and 23 worksheets.
The unit contains a range of lessons, tasks and activities designed to develop pupil knowledge and understanding of the literary context, plot, characters, language and themes of this classic short story.
These teaching resources include the following activities for pupils of all abilities:
- A unit of work overview with four-part lessons covering social, historical and literary context, plot, characters and language
- Analysis of the characters of Mr White, Mrs White, Herbert and Sergeant Major Morris
- Consolidation exercises and questions to assess students’ knowledge and understanding
- Literary context - the gothic genre
- A copy of the text
- Links to TV versions of The Monkey's Paw
- Analysing how W. W. Jacobs' uses language to create mood and build tension
- Essay question with planning guidance
- and much more!
To preview this teaching resource for The Monkey’s Paw in detail, click on the PowerPoint images.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £3.99 / 4 Credits