The Lady of Shalott - teaching resource
The Lady of Shalott teaching resources
Our teaching resources for Tennyson's The Lady of Shalott are made up a 144 slide PowerPoint, 23 worksheets and nine step by step lessons. The resource has been designed using the four part lesson structure: starter activity, introduction, development and plenary - and all PowerPoint slides are fully editable.
Our ‘The Lady of Shalott’ teaching resource is based on the 1842 version of the poem. It is an engaging and extensive resource which covers many of the key areas required by the National Curriculum and includes a variety of activities for students of all abilities.
- Activities to develop knowledge of the poem’s ‘story’
- Exploration of setting and descriptive language
- Analysis of the characters of the Lady and Sir Lancelot plus Tennyson’s use of contrast
- Studying the use of similes and metaphors
- Cloze, storyboarding and sequencing activities to consolidate understanding
- Context - King Arthur, myths and legends activities
- Creating a children's story book version of the poem
- A copy of the 1842 version of the poem
- Links to a range of videos and more lesson ideas
- Unit of work overview
- 144 slide PowerPoint and 23 worksheets
To preview our ‘The Lady of Shalott’ teaching resources please click on the PowerPoint images opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £12.99 / 13 Credits