The Hunger Games
English Teaching Resources: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The Hunger Games is a complete unit of work with a 71 slide editable PowerPoint presentation and accompanying orksheets.
English Teaching Resources: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins contains a range of lessons, tasks and activities designed to develop pupil knowledge and understanding of the context, plot, characters, language and themes of this vibrant novel.
Our The Hunger Games resources include a collection of activities for pupils of all abilities:
- Exploring how The Hunger Games mixes genre and the concepts of utopia and dystopia
- Key themes examined - gender, Social Darwinism, stereotypes, reality TV, mass media
- Setting, characterisation and the author's use of description
- How structure is used to engage and sustain the reader's interest
- The development of Katniss Everdeen as a character
- How Suzanne Collins creates tension and suspense
- Speaking and listening tasks
- Evaluating the writer's craft and its effect on the reader
- Analysing Suzanne Collins's use of language and narrative structure in The Hunger Games
- A 71 slide PowerPoint presentation (see preview below)
- 12 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint slideshow
To view the English Teaching Resource: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins in more detail you can click on the Powerpoint images in the boxes.
Our Price : £12.99 / 13 Credits