The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time Unit of Work - teaching resource
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time Unit of Work
(22-lesson unit of work with 374-slide PowerPoint presentation and 53 worksheets)
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time Unit of Work contains a 374-slide PowerPoint presentation, 53 PDF worksheets and 22 lessons. This scheme of work explores the novel chapter by chapter in incredible detail, analysing the book’s plot, characters, themes and language through a range of engaging activities. These extensive teaching resources are designed for KS3 learners but they could be used with a high ability Year 6 group.
To preview The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time Unit of Work in detail, click on the images. Clicked images will expand, allowing you to view each PowerPoint slide in the teaching resource.
This unit of work’s contents include:
- Comprehension tasks including questions and discussion
- Chapter by chapter ‘Gold’, ‘Silver’ and ‘Bronze’ differentiated activities
- Research - learning about autism and Asperger’s Syndrome
- Exploring and discussing themes in detail
- Close character analysis of Christopher, Christopher’s father (Ed Boone), Christopher’s mother (Judy Boone), Mrs. Shears, Roger Shears
- Understanding and analysing how Mark Haddon uses language in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
- Developing inference and deduction skills
- Puzzles, games and quizzes based on the novel’s plot, characters and themesOur Price : £14.99 / 15 Credits