The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas teaching resources
14 lesson teaching unit, a 126 slide editable PowerPoint presentation with a 25 page booklet of worksheets.
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas is a complete 14 lesson teaching unit with a 126 slide editable PowerPoint presentation. The resource contains a range of activities designed to help students improve their reading skills and develop knowledge and understanding of the historical context, plot, characters, language and themes of John Boyne's novel, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.
- A unit overview with 14 four part lessons covering historical context, plot, character, themes and language
- Analysis of the characters of Bruno, Father, Gretel and Lieutenant Kotler
- Extension activities
- Starter activities and plenaries
- Historical context research
- Developing inference and deduction skills
- Empathetic writing - a letter to Grandmother and Bruno's diary
- Hotseating to develop knowledge and understanding
- Analysing John Boyne's use of language and contrast in The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
- Speaking and Listening tasks - Bruno and Shmuel's conversations
- Writing a review of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
- 14 lesson unit of work
- A 126 slide PowerPoint presentation
- 25 worksheets
To preview The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas in more detail you can click on the PowerPoint images opposite.
Related Resources:Our Price : £14.99 / 15 Credits