Skellig Unit of Work - KS3 - teaching resource
Skellig Unit of Work - KS3
Skellig is a unit of work containing a 212-slide PowerPoint, 26 PDF worksheets and 23 lesson plans. This engaging scheme of work explores the novel chapter by chapter, analysing the book’s plot, characters, themes and language through a range of stimulating activities.
Below are examples of the activities contained in the lessons.
- Comprehension questions
- Chapter summary cloze and sequencing activities
- Research (William Blake and angels) tasks
- Making predictions about Skellig using the cover, title, author and blurb
- Exploring and discussing themes
- Character analysis of Michael, Mina and Skellig
- Understanding the features of a novel – how does David Almond use hooks, tension and techniques such as pathetic fallacy in Skellig?
- Close analysis of language in key scenes
- Role play and hot seating activities
- Understanding Skellig’s characters through empathetic writing
Related ResourcesOur Price : £14.99 / 15 Credits