Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo - teaching resource
Our Private Peaceful teaching resource contains 13 lessons designed to develop knowledge and understanding of the plot, characters, language, themes and historical context of the popular novel Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo.
Private Peaceful teaching resources
99 slide editable PowerPoint presentation
The Private Peaceful resource includes a range of lessons, tasks and activities for pupils of all abilities including the following:
- Making predictions
- Researching the social and historical context of Private Peaceful - World War One, trench warfare, weapons, gas attacks, uniform, propaganda
- Activities to develop knowledge and understanding of the plot - timeline and cloze passage
- Analysis of key characters
- Exploration of the themes of Private Peaceful - war, love, friendship, family, bravery, etc
- Developing awareness of the features of a novel – character, theme, plot, style and language
- Creating character acrostics
- Independent, pair and group activities
- Analysis of Morpurgo's use of language
- Developing comparison skills - comparing Private Peaceful to Wilfred Owen's 'Dulce Et Decorum Est'
- Self and peer target setting tasks
- Letter writing (empathetic writing) to develop a deeper understanding of character
- Report writing in character
- Create a CD to commemorate Charlie and Tommo - character exploration
- Exploring themes through mind mapping
As with all our resources, the Private Peaceful PowerPoint is fully editable, so you can personalise and differentiate the resources as much or as little as you want.
To view our Private Peaceful teaching resource in more detail, click on the images in the boxes next to the resource’s description.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £9.99 / 10 Credits