Mystery Story Writing
English Teaching Resources: Mystery Story Writing (Narrative Reading and Writing).
Resources include: 61 slide PowerPoint, 20 worksheets and planning documents (overview, lesson content and APP/AFL assessment opportunities).
English Teaching Resources: Mystery Story Writing (Narrative Reading and Writing) is designed to cover narrative writing. Mystery Writing (Narrative Reading and Writing) is a complete unit of work which includes a planning overview, assessment guidance, detailed lessons and activities, a 61 slide PowerPoint and 20 accompanying worksheets. The resource includes a range of varied lessons and activities for pupils of all abilities. The PowerPoint uses bright colour, large and attractive fonts, vibrant imagery, sound, video and easy to follow, pupil-friendly language. Activities include:
- 'Tell me more' activity - writing complex sentences
- Read and discuss the Sherlock Holmes story 'The Sign of Four' by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Watch and discuss an animated version of 'The Sign of Four'
- Doyle's use of language activity
- Key ingredients for a mystery story
- Write a gripping story opening
- 'Drop In' language based class oral task
- Building suspense
- The use of images, colour and sound to create a mysterious mood
- Activities based on Ravenhearst Manor game
- Write a mystery story task
- Pick a number plenary to consolidate understanding
- The Mystery of the Flannan Isle Lighthouse story - read, discuss and 'magpie' ideas
- Create a news report activity
- 61 slide PowerPoint
- 20 accompanying worksheets
To preview English Teaching Resources: Mystery Writing please click on the images from the PowerPoint resource.
Our Price : £15.99 / 15 Credits