Lord of the Flies - teaching resource
Lord of the Flies – GCSE Unit of Work Teaching Resource
‘Lord of the Flies’ is a 21-lesson GCSE unit of work containing a 204-slide editable PowerPoint, 27 PDF worksheets and a 21-lesson step-by-step unit of work overview. This engaging teaching resource includes a scheme of work that analyses the novel’s plot, characters, themes, language and historical context through a variety of detailed chapter-by-chapter lessons and activities and is excellent preparation for the GCSE exam.
Activities contained in these teaching resources include:
- Exploring the historical and social context of Lord of the Flies – William Golding and the aftermath of World War Two
- Chapter by chapter tasks to consolidate understanding as learners read through the novel
- Comprehension questions to assess students’ knowledge of plot, characters, language, and themes
- Analysis of the characters of Ralph, Piggy, Jack, Simon and Roger in depth
- Exploration of the key themes of law, good and evil, leadership, power, innocence and experience
- Analysis of language and symbolism (the conch, the fire, the beast, the island, Piggy’s glasses)
- Role play - hot-seating to aid understating of characters
- Developing understanding of key characters through empathy writing activities
- Extension tasks with essay and exam-type questions for higher ability learners
- Plus many more reading and writing tasks and opportunities
You can preview our ‘Lord of the Flies - GCSE Unit of Work’ teaching resources by clicking on the images.
Although these Lord of the Flies teaching resources have been made with GCSE in mind, they can be used with a high ability Year 9 group.Our Price : £14.99 / 15 Credits