Functional Skills English Level 1 - teaching resource
Functional Skills English – Level 1
(10 lesson unit which includes an 84-slide editable PowerPoint and 10 worksheets)
This comprehensive teaching unit covers everything required by Level 1 Functional Skills English. It focuses on creating a product or service and then making an investment pitch (similar to TV's 'Dragons' Den') and an advertisement. It includes a range of activities that help develop key communication skills and covers Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing.
Contents include the following:
- An introduction to Functional Skills with video
- Observing, speaking and listening skills – watching videos of business pitches and discussing them
- Developing communication skills for later life - working in small groups to create a business idea and develop a pitch
- Activities to improve writing skills– how audience affects a text, writing for different purposes, exploring advertisements and persuasive writing
- Reading and comprehension skills – studying advertisements and writing answers
- Creating an advertisement
- Drafting and developing ideas in pairs
- And more!
To preview our English Functional Skills – Level 1 teaching unit in detail please click on the images opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £12.99 / 13 Credits