Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde Unit of Work - teaching resource
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - GCSE Unit of Work
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is a GCSE unit of work containing a 130-slide PowerPoint, 10 PDF worksheets and 11 lessons. This engaging unit of work explores the novel chapter by chapter analysing its plot, characters, themes, language and historical context through a range of stimulating lessons and activities.
The teaching resources include planning (11 four-part lessons outlined in a unit plan overview), a fully editable PowerPoint teaching resource, and ten accompanying PDF worksheets. They are designed to teach Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde at GCSE but could also be used at KS3 with Year 9.
To preview our Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde unit of work click on the images. Clicked images will expand, allowing you to browse each PowerPoint slide in detail.
Below are examples of the activities contained in the lessons.
- Exploring the historical and social context of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - Victorian London, gothic traditions, the theory of evolution and Jack the Ripper
- Chapter by chapter activities to consolidate understanding as learners read through the novel
- Comprehension questions to assess students’ knowledge of plot, characters, language, and themes
- Exploring the narrative structure of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
- Analysis of the characters of Utterson, Dr Lanyon, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
- Exploration of the key themes of duality, human nature, science, the supernatural and the unexplained
- Analysing Stevenson's use of language - setting, description, contrast, symbolism and pathetic fallacy
- Developing understanding of key characters through empathy writing activities
- Extension tasks with essay and exam-type questions
- Plus many more reading and writing tasks and opportunities
You can preview our ‘Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - GCSE Unit of Work’ teaching resources by clicking on the images.Our Price : £13.99 / 14 Credits