Discussion Texts - Bullying - teaching resource
Non-Fiction Writing: Discussion Texts - Bullying
(Unit of Work made up of a 45-slide PowerPoint and 9 worksheets)
Task - to write a discussion text to address the question: Should we feel sorry for bullies?
This unit of work includes a range of tasks and activities ideal for Year 5/6, however it also works well with Year 7 students.
- Discuss and define bullying and the different forms it can take
- Sort and role play different bullying scenarios to understand different viewpoints
- Create a mind map of the effects of bullying
- Analyse videos to understand the mind-set of a bully
- Review and practise the discussion text features such as: statistics, formal language choices, technical language use and opposing conjunctions.
- Learn how to structure a discussion text
- Edit and redraft writing using a checklist
To preview Discussion Texts - Bullying in detail, click on the images from the PowerPoint based lessons.
Related Teaching ResourcesOur Price : £5.99 / 6 Credits