Dictionary Skills - KS3 - teaching resource
Dictionary Skills – KS3
(36-slide editable PowerPoint presentation and 8 worksheets)
This resource is designed to recap KS2 skills regarding the use of a dictionary. It is ideal for Year 7 and lower set Year 8 learners.
The resource covers the following:
- What is alphabetical order? An explanation and an activity with a worksheet
- Ordering words in alphabetical order - explanation and activity with a worksheet
- Root words activity with a worksheet
- Definitions activity with a worksheet
- Abbreviations activity with a worksheet
- Origins of words activity with a worksheet
- Placing words in alphabetical order and finding their definitions in the dictionary activity with worksheet
- One further worksheet
'Dictionary Skills – KS3’ is fully editable allowing teachers to adapt the resource if needed to suit each class they teach.
To preview Dictionary Skills – KS3 click on the images from the PowerPoint presentation.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £3.50 / 4 Credits