Christmas Poetry Unit
Christmas Poetry Teaching Unit (120 slide editable PowerPoint teaching resource with 8 worksheets)
Our ‘Christmas Poetry Unit’ teaching resource uses a range of Christmas themed poems to teach upper KS2 and lower KS3 pupils how to write about poetry in detail. The resource explores themes, structure, poetic devices, imagery, context and more. Poems studied include 'The Christmas Truce' by Carol Ann Duffy, 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' by Dr Seuss and 'Winter-Time' by Robert Louis Stevenson.
This fully editable 120 slide PowerPoint (with 8 accompanying worksheets) resource covers the following:
- How to write about tone and mood
- How to explore imagery in a poem
- How to write a haiku poem
- How to use P.E.E. to write about poetry
- How and why poets use devices such as alliteration, personification, similes etc
- An assessment piece
And much, much more
For a preview of our ‘Christmas Poetry Unit’ teaching resource please click on the PowerPoint images opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £8.99 / 9 Credits