A Midsummer Night's Dream - KS3 - teaching resource
A Midsummer Night’s Dream - Unit of Work
A Midsummer Night’s Dream is a 14-lesson unit of work containing a 133-slide PowerPoint and 24 worksheets. This engaging unit explores the play act by act and scene by scene, analysing its plot, characters, themes, language and context through a range of learning activities. These teaching resources are for KS3 learners (Year 7/8) depending on the ability of the students.
Our unit for A Midsummer Night’s Dream includes planning (a 14-lesson unit plan overview), a fully editable PowerPoint teaching resource and 24 accompanying PDF worksheets.
To preview A Midsummer Night’s Dream unit in detail refer to the images. Click on an image and it will expand, allowing you to view each PowerPoint slide in the teaching resource.
Activities contained in the lessons include:
- Exploring the context - Shakespeare and the Elizabethan theatre
- Engaging scene by scene activities to consolidate understanding as students read through the play
- Comprehension questions to assess students’ knowledge of plot, character, language, context and themes
- Detailed analysis of the characters of the aristocrats, the labourers and the fairies
- Exploration of the key themes
- Close analysis of language and imagery in key scenes
- Shakespeare's comedy - creating and resolving conflict
- Role play - hot-seating activities to aid understating of characters
- Developing understanding of key characters through empathy writing activities
- Video links to help the teaching and learning of key scenes and themesOur Price : £12.99 / 13 Credits