Year 6 Poetry Unit Growing Up
Year 6 Poetry Unit - Growing Up is a 50 slide editable PowerPoint presentation with an 15 page booklet of worksheets. The resource contains a range of tasks and activities designed to introduce KS2 children to the key skills of studying poetry in detail.
Year 6 Poetry Unit - Growing Up covers a range of skills such as:
- Annotating a poem
- How to deduce the poet's thoughts and feelings
- Understanding structure and form, rhythm and rhyme
- Writing a personal response
- Understanding themes
- Using evidence when writing about poetry
- Focusing on a poet's use of language
- A 50 slide PowerPoint presentation (see preview below)
- 15 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint slideshow
The poems studied include: Getting Dressed for School, I am very Bothered, Hide and Seek, Yellow, The House and Brendon Gallacher.
To view the English Teaching Resource: Year 6 Poetry Unit - Growing Up in more detail please click on the Powerpoint images.Our Price : £7.99 / 8 Credits