Year 5 and 6 - Colons and Semi-Colons - KS2 teaching resource
Upper KS2 English Teaching Resource – Colons and Semi-Colons
SPAG > Punctuation
'Year 5 and 6 - Colons and Semi-Colons' teaches pupils all about colons and semi-colons and how to use them correctly. It is an ideal teaching resource to use when covering the curriculum objectives in the year 5 and 6 English programme of study (Writing - vocabulary, grammar and punctuation). Content includes:
- How to use colons to introduce a list and to separate clauses within a sentence
- 2 colon activities with accompanying worksheets
- 1 further colon worksheet with answers
- How to use semi-colons to replace commas in a complex list and to join two complete sentences together
- 2 semi-colon activities with accompanying worksheets
- 1 further semi-colon worksheet with answers
'Year 5 and 6 - Colons and Semi-Colons' is fully editable allowing teachers to adapt the resource to suit each class they teach.
For a preview of 'Year 5 and 6 - Colons and Semi-Colons' please click on the images from the PowerPoint slideshow opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £2.99 / 2 Credits