Writing to Persuade
Our 'Writing to Persuade’ teaching resource is made up of an 81-slide editable PowerPoint presentation with 14 worksheets. The PowerPoint contains a series of step by step lessons designed to teach students how to write a piece of powerful persuasive writing. The resource includes a variety of progressive activities suitable for students of all abilities and although it has been produced with KS3 in mind, it can be used with Year 6 or KS4 students as it is easy to tweak, personalise and differentiate.
'Writing to Persuade' is a comprehensive and exhaustive resource which covers the following:
* What do we mean by writing to persuade?
* Understanding the purpose and form of a text
* How audience affects a text
* How to plan, structure and organise a piece of effective persuasive writing
* How to use fact and opinion, emotive language and flattery to persuade
* Developing knowledge and understanding of rhetorical techniques (rhetorical questions, the rule of 3, etc)
* How to produce a piece of persuasive writing under exam conditions
To preview English Teaching Resources: Writing to Persuade please click on the images opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £12.99 / 13 Credits