Writing to Persuade - teaching resource
English Teaching Resources: Writing to Persuade (91-slide PowerPoint and 6 worksheets)
Our 'Writing to Persuade’ teaching resource is made up of a 91-slide editable PowerPoint presentation with 6 worksheets. The PowerPoint contains a series of step by step lessons designed to teach students how to write a piece of powerful persuasive writing. The resource includes a variety of progressive activities suitable for students of all abilities and although it has been produced with GCSE students in mind, it can be used with KS3 pupils as it is easy to tweak, personalise and differentiate.
'Writing to Persuade' is a comprehensive and exhaustive resource which covers the following:
* What do we mean by writing to persuade?
* Understanding the purpose and form of a text
* How audience affects a text
* How to plan, structure and organise a piece of effective persuasive writing
* How to use fact and opinion, emotive language and flattery to persuade
* Developing knowledge and understanding of rhetorical techniques (rhetorical questions, the rule of 3, etc)
* How to produce a piece of persuasive writing under exam conditions
To preview English Teaching Resources: Writing to Persuade please click on the images opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £9.99 / 10 Credits