Writing for Impact
GCSE (9-1) English Teaching Resources: Writing for Impact is a 79 slide PowerPoint based unit of work (with seven worksheets) which contains step by step lessons explicitly designed to teach the key skills of writing for impact as outlined in the KS4 / GCSE (9-1) English specification.
The resource contains seven lessons, each structured using the 4 part lesson format (starter activity, introduction, development and plenary) all of which can be modified, personalised and differentiated to suit your teaching needs. GCSE (9-1) English Teaching Resources: Writing for Impact is a detailed and extensive resource with lessons covering a range of activities:
* What is ‘writing for impact’? Exploring purpose and form.
* How audience affects language and content in a piece of writing.
* Planning, structuring and organising writing.
* Using fact and opinion, emotive language and flattery when writing for impact.
* Developing use of rhetorical techniques (alliteration, rhetorical questions, rule of 3, etc).
* Tips for exam success.
To preview GCSE (9-1) English Teaching Resources: Writing for Impact click on the images from the PowerPoint slideshow.