Winter Swans by Owen Sheers
GCSE English (9-1) Teaching Resources: Winter Swans by Owen Sheers
Winter Swans by Owen Sheers is a KS4 GCSE English teaching resource which contains an 18 slide PowerPoint presentation.
English Teaching Resources: Winter Swans by Owen Sheers has been created for the AQA 9-1 GCSE English syllabus and contains a collection of teaching ideas and activities for KS4 students of all abilities.
The PowerPoint covers:
- An introduction to the poet Owen Sheers.
- Analysis of Winter Swans by Owen Sheers – Link to a copy of the poem, discussion of meaning and consolidation of understanding.
- Structure – analysis of how Owen Sheers uses structure and form.
- Imagery - Analysis of the imagery used in Winter Swans.
- Language – tasks which explore key word choices.
- The themes of Winter Swans examined with additional notes.
To preview the GCSE English Teaching Resource: Winter Swans by Owen Sheers please click on the PowerPoint images.