When We Two Parted - teaching resource
GCSE English (9-1) Teaching Resources: When We Two Parted by Lord Byron is a GCSE poetry teaching resource which includes a detailed 50 slide PowerPoint presentation and 5 worksheets.
Poetry Teaching Resources: When We Two Parted by Lord Byron has been created for the new AQA GCSE English Anthology.
The resource contains a range and variety of lessons and activities for all abilities:
- An introduction to the poet Lord Byron
- Activities with embedded links to the BBC film ‘The Romantics’ to develop understanding of the poem’s context and the concept of the Byronic hero
- Analysis of the poem When We Two Parted, discussion of ideas and consolidation of understanding.
- A digital and paper copy of the poem
- An audio reading of ‘When We Two Parted’
- An overview of the poem and a modern English translation to assist understanding
- Structure – analyse how Byron uses structure to develop knowledge and understanding of the lyric form.
- Style and form - Analysis of style and form and the use of poetic techniques in When We Two Parted.
- Language – these activities explore words and imagery and how to use P.E.E to write about language.
- Themes of When We Two Parted explored, with consolidation of meaning and purpose.
- An introduction to how work is assessed through AO1, AO2 and AO3
- A 50 slide PowerPoint resource for teaching the poem When We Two Parted by Lord Byron.
- 5 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint.
To preview the English Literature Teaching Resource: When We Two Parted by Lord Byron click on the Powerpoint images.
Our Price : £1.99 / 2 Credits