Walking Away by C Day-Lewis - teaching resource
Walking Away by C Day-Lewis is a GCSE English teaching resource which includes a 21-slide PowerPoint and 3 worksheets.
Walking Away has been produced specifically for the AQA GCSE syllabus and contains a collection of teaching ideas and activities for students of all abilities.
The slides cover:
- An introduction to the poet C Day-Lewis.
- Analysis of Walking Away by C Day-Lewis - discussion of meaning and consolidation of understanding.
- Structure – analysis of how C Day-Lewis uses structure and form.
- Imagery - Analysis of the poem’s imagery.
- Language – activities which explore word choices and key language points
- Themes of Walking Away explored, with consolidation notes.
- A 21-slide PowerPoint resource for teaching Walking Away by C Day-Lewis.
- 3 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint.
To preview Walking Away by C Day-Lewis click on the images.