Using the Apostrophe
Using the Apostrophe is a 10 slide PowerPoint presentation focusing on punctuation skills. This Powerpoint lesson explains how to use the apostrophe for omission or to show possession. English Teaching Resources (punctuation): Apostrophes includes the following activities:
1. Apostrophe for possession - definitions and examples.
2. Apostrophe for omission - definitions and examples.
3. Consolidation of understanding activity.
4. Assessment task (with peer assessment opportunities)
5. 2 accompanying worksheets
For a preview of English Teaching Resources (punctuation): Apostrophes click on the images opposite.