Using a Thesaurus
'Using a Thesaurus' is an 8 slide PowerPoint presentation focusing on how to use a thesaurus to improve writing skills, covering the years 5 and 6 English curriculum objective.
The Powerpoint lesson explores how the use of a thesaurus can help to develop word, sentence and text level skills in writing. English Teaching Resources: Using a Thesaurus includes the following tasks and activities:
1. Definition of synonyms.
2. Explains how a thesaurus works.
3. Using a traditional thesaurus.
4. Using a digital or online thesaurus such as the Microsoft thesaurus in Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
5. Improving language skills task.
6. Peer assessment and consolidation of understanding activities.
English Teaching Resources: Using a Thesaurus can be used as a starter activity, incorporated into another lesson or developed into a language study unit.
For a preview of English Teaching Resources: Using a Thesaurus click on the images.