Using a Thesaurus - teaching resource
'Using a Thesaurus' is a 10-slide PowerPoint presentation focusing on how to use a thesaurus to improve writing skills. For use with either Upper KS2 or Lower KS3 depending on ability.
This PowerPoint-based lesson explores how the use of a thesaurus can help to develop word, sentence and text level skills in writing. It includes the following activities:
1. Definition of synonyms.
2. Explanation of how a thesaurus works.
3. Using a traditional thesaurus.
4. Using a digital or online thesaurus such as the Microsoft thesaurus in Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
5. Using a thesaurus to improve vocabulary task.
6. Peer assessment and consolidation of understanding plenary activity.
To preview 'Using a Thesaurus' please click on the images.