English Teaching Resources: Twas the Night Before Christmas
This unit of work for ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas’ includes an 87 slide PowerPoint presentation, 16 worksheets and a five lesson overview.
‘Twas the Night Before Christmas’ uses the four part lesson structure - starter, introduction, development and plenary - and is a detailed resource which covers a number of curriculum areas required by NC14. It includes a range of activities for pupils of all abilities such as:
- Making predictions about the story
- Animated video telling of ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas’
- Recount and comprehension activities and questions
- Storyboarding creation task
- Approaching unfamiliar words and using a dictionary
- Developing knowledge and understanding of rhyming words
- Identifying adjectives in ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas’ and using adjectives to improve writing
- Spotting similes and using similes to develop description
- Create a children's story book based on ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas’
- Unit overview with 5 lessons
- 87 slide PowerPoint presentation
- 16 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint including a copy of the poem
To preview English Teaching Resources: Twas the Night Before Christmas please click on the PowerPoint images opposite.
Get access to thousands of pages of resources. Find out more about membership here.
Our Price : £6.99
/ 7 Credits