The Subordinate Clause - teaching resource
The Subordinate Clause
The Subordinate Clause is a PowerPoint teaching resource with two accompanying worksheets with answers. It focuses on developing key reading and writing skills and explores how to identify the subordinate clause in a sentence and how to use the subordinate clause with confidence in sentence construction. The Subordinate Clause includes the following activities:
- Definition of a clause
- Definition of a main clause
- Definition of a subordinate clause
- Definition of a complex sentence
- Examples of subordinating conjunctions and relative pronouns
- Adding a relevant subordinating conjunction or relative pronoun activity
- Identifying the subordinate clause activity with accompanying worksheet
- Adding a subordinate clause to a main clause activity with accompanying worksheet
- 1 further worksheet with answers
This resource can be used as a starter activity, incorporated into a unit of work or developed into a wider lesson on language, grammar and word choices.
For a preview of 'The Subordinate Clause' please click on the images opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £2.99 / 3 Credits