The History Boys - teaching resource
The History Boys Unit of Work
The History Boys is a 14-lesson GCSE unit of work containing a 131-slide PowerPoint and 12 PDF worksheets. This engaging unit explores the play act by act and scene by scene, analysing its plot, characters, themes, language and historical context through a range of learning activities.
Our teaching resources for The History Boys include a fully editable PowerPoint unit of work with PDF worksheets. To preview ‘The History Boys’ unit of work, click on the images. Clicked images will expand, allowing you to browse each PowerPoint slide in detail.
Below are examples of activities contained in the lessons.
- An introduction to Alan Bennett
- The play’s context – 1980s: Educational change and attitudes to sexuality
- Structure and form as used by Bennett in The History Boys
- Character study – Hector, Irwin, Lintott, Dakin, Headmaster, Posner and Rudge
- How to embed quotes into an answer
- Key themes of The History Boys – history, education sex and sexuality
- Alan Bennet’s use of language
- Role play – hot seating characters
- Essay questions
- Links to external materials for The History Boys
To preview The History Boys, please click on the images from the PowerPoint presentation opposite.
Our Price : £12.99 / 13 Credits