The Flea (Donne)
Poetry Teaching Resources: The Flea (John Donne)
A 37 slide Powerpoint analysis of the poem The Flea by John Donne - KS4/GCSE English Literature poetry - and an accompanying 11 worksheets. Literature Teaching Resources: The Flea (John Donne) includes a number of lessons:
1. A brief biography of Donne with video clip.
2. Analysis of the poem The Flea, discussion of ideas and consolidation of understanding lesson.
3. Structure & language - Discuss how Donne uses structure and explore the imagery of the poem.
4. Style and form - Analysis of style and form and the use of poetic techniques in The Flea.
5. Language - this lesson explores word choices, using P.E.E to write about language in Donne's poem.
6. Themes of The Flea explored, consolidation of meaning and purpose.
7. Links - Where to find further information about Donne and the poem to aid lessons
8. 37 slide PowerPoint resource for teaching the poem The Flea (John Donne).
9. 11 pages of worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint.
To preview the English Literature Teaching Resources: The Flea click on the images.Our Price : £4.99 / 5 Credits