The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas Unit of Work - teaching resource
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas Unit of Work
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas is a unit of work containing a 149-slide PowerPoint, 32 PDF worksheets and 14 lessons. This engaging scheme of work explores the novel chapter by chapter, analysing the book’s plot, characters, themes and language through a range of stimulating activities. Resources can be used with either Year 6 (KS2) or Year 7/8 (KS3) depending on the ability of the students.
Our unit for The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas includes planning (KS2/3 English planning provided with a 14-lesson unit of work overview), a fully editable PowerPoint teaching resource and 32 accompanying PDF worksheets. The resource can be used to teach a whole class text or as part of a guided reading programme.
To preview ‘The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas’ unit of work in detail refer to the images. Click on an image and it will expand, allowing you to view each PowerPoint slide in the teaching resource.
Activities contained in the lessons include:
- Exploring the historical and social context of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
- Engaging chapter by chapter novel study activities to consolidate understanding as learners read through the novel
- Reading comprehension questions to assess students’ knowledge of plot, character, language, and themes
- Analysis of the characters of Bruno, Father, Gretel and Lieutenant Kotler
- Exploration of the key themes of friendship, racism, ignorance, childhood, innocence, good and evil and segregation
- Developing the key reading skills of inference and deduction
- Analysis of language and techniques such as building tension and setting the scene
- Role play - hot-seating to aid understating of characters
- Developing understanding of key characters through empathy writing activities
- Plus many more reading and writing activitiesOur Price : £13.99 / 14 Credits