Summer Haiku Poetry - teaching resource
Summer Haiku Poetry - mini-unit for Year 6 / Year 7
'Summer Haiku Poetry' is a fun mini-unit of work designed to cover creative writing and poetry at either Upper KS2 or Lower KS3. The resource is made up of a range of engaging lessons and activities and is fully editable to allow teachers to easily tweak and adjust it for different seasons or themes.
- Talk for Writing - what is a haiku?
- Exploring and discussing haiku poem
- Creating a class haiku
- Individual, pair and group work opportunities
- Learning and developing through constructive criticism
- Writing an individual haiku about summer
- Using colour photographs of summer as writing stimulus
- Drafting - how and why we redraft
- How to plan and structure a haiku
- Exemplar poems
- Writing assessment opportunity
To preview our ‘Summer Haiku Poetry’ teaching resource, please click on the images from the PowerPoint.Our Price : £2.99 / 3 Credits