Storm on the Island - teaching resource
GCSE English (9-1) Teaching Resources: Storm on the Island by Seamus Heaney is a comprehensive teaching resource which consists of a 52 slide PowerPoint presentation and 6 worksheets.
English Teaching Resources GCSE (9-1): Storm on the Island (Seamus Heaney) includes a range lesson activities for all abilities:
1. A brief biography of Seamus Heaney with a video.
2. The context of the poem explored - conflict in Northern Ireland and Stormont.
3. Analysis of Storm on the Island including a video reading, discussion of ideas and consolidation of understanding.
4. Studying the poem’s structure and imagery.
5. Style - analysis of the use of language including poetic techniques in Sthe poem.
6. Themes of Storm on the Island explored and consolidation of meaning and purpose.
To preview the GCSE (9-1) English Teaching Resource: Storm on the Island (Seamus Heaney) please click on the PowerPoint images.Our Price : £3.99 / 4 Credits