Storm on the Island - GCSE (9-1)
GCSE English (9-1) Teaching Resources: Storm on the Island by Seamus Heaney is a comprehensive teaching resource which consists of a 32 slide PowerPoint presentation and 2 worksheets.
English Teaching Resources GCSE (9-1): Storm on the Island (Seamus Heaney) includes a range lesson activities for all abilities:
1. A brief biography of Seamus Heaney.
2. Analysis of the poem Storm on the Island, discussion of ideas and consolidation of understanding.
3. Studying the poem’s structure and imagery.
4. Style - analysis of the use of poetic techniques in Storm on the Island.
5. Themes of Storm on the Island explored and consolidation of meaning and purpose - including the social and historical context of the Northern Ireland conflict.
To preview the GCSE (9-1) English Literature Teaching Resource: Storm on the Island (Seamus Heaney) please click on the PowerPoint images.