Spring Haiku Poetry - teaching resource
Spring Haiku Poetry - Year 6/7
Resources include: 38-slide PowerPoint and 2 Worksheets
This mini-unit explores creative writing and poetry and includes a range of lessons and activities for UKS2 and LKS3 learners. It can be used with a Year 6 or Year 7 class.
The resource contents include:
- Discussion - what is a haiku?
- Exploring and discussing haiku poetry - reading, listening to and talking about haiku poems
- Create a class haiku activity
- Individual, pair and group work opportunities
- Reflecting on learning through constructive criticism
- Writing an individual haiku about spring
- Using colour photographs of spring scenes as writing stimulus
- Drafting - how and why we redraft
- How to plan and structure a haiku
- Exemplar poems
- Writing assessment opportunity - write a simple haiku poem about spring
Our Price : £2.99 / 3 Credits
To preview 'Spring Haiku Poetry' please click on the images from the PowerPoint.