Sonnet 29 by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
GCSE English (9-1) Teaching Resources: Sonnet 29 by Elizabeth Barrett Browning is a KS4 / GCSE English poetry teaching resource which contains a comprehensive 28 slide PowerPoint presentation and 4 accompanying worksheets.
English Teaching Resources: Sonnet 29 by Elizabeth Barrett Browning has been produced for the new AQA GCSE English Anthology as taught from 2015. The resource covers a range of learning objectives and contains a variety of lessons and activities for all abilities such as:
- An introduction to the poet Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
- Analysis of Sonnet 29 by Elizabeth Barrett Browning - discussion of ideas and consolidation of understanding.
- A digital and paper copy of the poem on the PowerPoint and worksheet.
- An overview of the poem with notes for learners.
- Structure – analysis of how Barrett Browning uses structure and the Petrarchan Sonnet form.
- Style - Analysis of style and the use of poetic techniques in Sonnet 29.
- Language – activities which explore unusual words and imagery and how to use P.E.E to write about language.
- Themes of Sonnet 29 explored, with consolidation of meaning and purpose.
- A 28 slide PowerPoint resource for teaching Sonnet 29 by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
- 4 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint.
To preview the KS4 GCSE English Literature Teaching Resource: Sonnet 29 by Elizabeth Barrett Browning click on the PowerPoint images.