Singh Song! by Daljit Nagra - teaching resource
GCSE English (9-1) Teaching Resources: Singh Song! by Daljit Nagra.
Singh Song! by Daljit Nagra is a 23 slide AQA GCSE English teaching resource PowerPoint presentation.
English Teaching Resources: Singh Song! by Daljit Nagra has been created for the new AQA GCSE English syllabus and contains an assortment of teaching ideas and activities for GCSE English students of all abilities.
The PowerPoint covers:
- An introduction to the poet Daljit Nagra.
- Analysis of Singh Song! by Daljit Nagra – Link to a copy of the poem and an audio reading, discussion of meaning and consolidation of understanding.
- Structure and Form explored – analysis of how Daljit Nagra utilises structure and form for effect.
- Imagery - Analysis of the imagery and stereotypes used in Singh Song!.
- Language – tasks which explore key word choices and the use of phonetic language.
- The key themes of Singh Song! examined with additional notes.
To preview the GCSE English Teaching Resource: Singh Song! by Daljit Nagra please click on the images from the PowerPoint lesson.