Romeo and Juliet - teaching resource
Romeo and Juliet GCSE Unit of Work
‘Romeo and Juliet’ is a GCSE unit of work containing a 230-slide PowerPoint, 49 PDF worksheets and 32 lesson plans. This engaging unit explores the play act by act and scene by scene, analysing its plot, characters, themes, language and historical context through a range of learning activities.
These GCSE Romeo and Juliet teaching resources include planning (32 lesson plans and a unit of work overview), a fully editable PowerPoint teaching resource and forty-nine accompanying PDF worksheets.
To preview our Romeo and Juliet GCSE unit of work, click on the images. Clicked images will expand, allowing you to browse each PowerPoint slide in detail.
Below are examples of the activities contained in the lessons.
- Historical / social / literary context - a biography of Shakespeare's life and the Elizabethan theatre
- Scene by scene activities to consolidate understanding
- Comprehension questions to assess students’ knowledge of plot, character, language, context and themes
- Close analysis of the characters of Romeo, Juliet, Mercutio and Tybalt
- Exploration of key themes - love, hate, fate, loyalty
- The social and historical context of Romeo and Juliet and the play’s representation of women
- Developing key reading skills - inference and deduction
- Using P.E.T.E.R. Point/Evidence/Technique/Explain/Reader to write an effective GCSE exam essay
- Detailed analysis of Shakespeare’s language, key quotes and Romeo and Juliet’s soliloquies and monologues
- How Shakespeare uses tension and suspense in Romeo and Juliet
- Role play - hot-seating activities
- Understanding key characters through empathy writing tasks
- Video links to help the teaching and learning of key sceneOur Price : £14.99 / 15 Credits