Remains by Simon Armitage - teaching resource
GCSE English (9-1) Teaching Resources: Remains by Simon Armitage is a 34 slide PowerPoint presentation with 4 worksheets.
This resource has been produced for the 9-1 GCSE English Literature Poetry anthology and contains an assortment of teaching ideas and activities.
The PowerPoint and worksheets cover:
- An introduction to the poem’s context
- Analysis of Remains – links to a video reading of the poem and tasks to consolidate understanding
- Structure – exploring how Armitage uses structure and form
- Imagery - study of the imagery used in the poem
- Poetic Techniques – How Armitage uses poetic techniques for effect
- Language tasks which explore Armitage’s word choices
- Themes - key themes of Remains examined
- Video – a reading of the poem and links to ‘The Undead’ documentary
To preview Remains by Simon Armitage please click on the PowerPoint images.Our Price : £3.99 / 4 Credits