Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo
KS2 Literacy Resources: Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo
Private Peaceful is a 100 slide PowerPoint presentation with an accompanying 27 page booklet of worksheets.
KS2 Literacy Teaching Resources: Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo contains 13 lessons designed to develop pupil knowledge and understanding of the plot, characters, language, themes and historical context of the novel Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo. KS2 Literacy Resources: Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo includes a range of lessons, tasks and activities for children of all abilities:
- Making predictions - a pre-reading exercise exploring the book's title, cover and blurb
- Researching the social and historical context of Private Peaceful - World War One, trench warfare, weapons, gas attacks, uniform, propaganda
- Activities to develop knowledge and understanding of the plot of Private Peaceful - timeline and cloze passage
- Analysis of key characters
- Exploration of the themes of Private Peaceful - war, love, friendship, family, bravery, etc
- Developing awareness of the features of a novel – character, theme, plot, style and language
- Creating character acrostics
- Independent, pair and group activities
- Analysis of Michael Morpurgo's use of language in Private Peaceful
- Developing comparison skills - comparing Private Peaceful to Wilfred Owen's 'Dulce et Decorum Est'
- Level and assessment focus self and peer target setting tasks
- Letter writing (empathetic writing) to develop a deeper understanding of character
- Report writing in character
- Create a CD task to commemorate Charlie and Tommo - character exploration
- Mind mapping the key themes and issues of Michael Morpurgo's Private Peaceful
- A 13 lesson unit of work
- A 100 slide PowerPoint presentation (see preview below)
- 27 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint
As with all our resources, the Private Peaceful powerpoint is fully editable so you can personalise and differentiate the resources as much or as little as you want. Add extra slides, delete pages, change the text and imagery and update it as is necessary to suit your teaching needs.
To view the KS2 Literacy Teaching Resources: Private Peaceful (Michael Morpurgo) powerpoint in more detail you can preview every slide by clicking on the images in the boxes beneath the resource’s description below.
Our Price : £12.99 / 12 Credits