Poppies by Jane Weir - teaching resource
GCSE English (9-1) Teaching Resources: Poppies by Jane Weir is a 33 slide PowerPoint presentation with 4 accompanying worksheets.
This resource has been produced for the 9-1 GCSE English Literature Poetry Anthology and contains a mix of teaching ideas and activities.
The PowerPoint and worksheets cover:
- A general introduction to the poem
- Analysis of Poppies – links to a video reading of the poem and tasks to consolidate understanding
- Structure – exploring how Weir uses structure and form
- Imagery – close study of the imagery used in the poem
- Poetic Techniques – How Weir uses poetic techniques for effect
- Themes - key themes of Poppies examined
- Links – a video reading of the poem and further links to Jane Weir and her poetry
To preview Poppies by Jane Weir please click on the PowerPoint images.Our Price : £3.99 / 4 Credits