Onomatopoeia - teaching resource
KS2/3 English Teaching Resources – Onomatopoeia
This onomatopoeia teaching resource explores how authors use onomatopoeia to create aural description and teaches pupils how to use onomatopoeia to improve their own writing. Includes an 11 slide editable PowerPoint and 2 worksheets.
The Onomatopoeia teaching resource includes the following:
- A definition of onomatopoeia with examples
- Onomatopoeia matching activity (includes worksheet)
- Using onomatopoeia to improve sentences task (includes worksheet)
- Descriptive writing activity - using onomatopoeia in a description to develop vocabulary
- Interactive games links - ‘Thud!’ and 'Onomatopoeia Hangman'
As with all our resources, our Onomatopoeia PowerPoint can be edited, differentiated and personalised to suit your exact teaching needs.
To preview English Teaching Resources: Onomatopoeia please click on the images from the PowerPoint slideshow opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £2.99 / 2 Credits