Of Mice and Men - teaching resource
Of Mice and Men Unit of Work - a 281-slide PowerPoint with 86 worksheets and a unit plan with 40 lessons.
Of Mice and Men is an excellent teaching resource with 40 lessons which explore Steinbeck’s classic novella in depth. Resources include a unit of work overview, a 281-slide PowerPoint presentation and 86 worksheets. To view the Of Mice and Men teaching resources unit of work click on the images below.
This teaching resource has a range of activities for students of all abilities and includes the following:
• A brief biography of Steinbeck and the social and historical context of the Depression and the 1930s
• Activities to develop knowledge of the plot
• In depth analysis of the characters of George, Lennie, Candy, Crooks, Curley’s Wife, Curley and Slim
• Exploration of key themes - dreams, loneliness, racism, marginalization, friendship
• The social and historical context of the novel (the Wall Street Crash and the depression of the 1930s)
• Developing awareness of the features of a novel – character, theme, plot, style, etc
• Teaching the use of Point/Evidence/Explain to write about Of Mice and Men
• Steinbeck’s message and the role of Crooks, Curley’s Wife, Candy and Lennie
• Cloze passages for each chapter to consolidate understanding of the plot
• Analysis of Steinbeck’s language in key scenes
• Steinbeck’s creation of tension and suspense
• Hot seating activities
• Empathy question preparation - Diary and letter writing
• Sequencing activities
• Developing inference and deduction skills
To preview the Of Mice and Men PowerPoint teaching resources please click on the images.
Our Price : £14.99 / 15 Credits