Of Mice and Men (KS3) - teaching resource
A 244 slide PowerPoint presentation with 58 worksheets and a scheme of work with 29 lessons.
Of Mice and Men (KS3) has been adapted from the GCSE resource and can be taught in Year 9 to cover KS3 Reading World Literature. If you require the GCSE version of Of Mice and Men please click here.
Of Mice and Men is a new KS3 English teaching resource with 29 lessons which explore Steinbeck’s classic novella in depth. Resources include a scheme of work overview, a 244 slide PowerPoint presentation and 58 worksheets. All lessons are structured using the four part lesson format - starter, introduction, development and plenary. To view the Of Mice and Men teaching resources PowerPoint click on the images.
This teaching resource has a range of activities for students of all abilities and includes the following:
• A brief biography of Steinbeck and the social and historical context of the Depression and the 1930s
• Activities to develop knowledge of the plot
• In depth analysis of the characters of George, Lennie, Candy, Crooks, Curley’s Wife, Curley and Slim
• Exploration of key themes - dreams, loneliness, racism, marginalisation, friendship
• The social and historical context of the novel (the Wall Street Crash and the depression of the 1930s)
• Developing awareness of the features of a novel – character, theme, plot, style, etc
• Teaching the use of Point/Evidence/Explain to write about Of Mice and Men
• Steinbeck’s message and the role of Crooks, Curley’s Wife, Candy and Lennie
• Cloze passages for each chapter to consolidate understanding of the plot
• Analysis of Steinbeck’s language in key scenes
• Steinbeck’s creation of tension and suspense
• Hot seating activities
• Empathy question preparation - diary and letter writing
• Sequencing activities
• Developing inference and deduction skills
To preview the Of Mice and Men PowerPoint teaching resources please click on the images.Our Price : £13.99 / 14 Credits