Of Mice and Men (KS3)
A 244 slide PowerPoint presentation with 58 worksheets and a scheme of work with 29 lessons.
Of Mice and Men (KS3) has been made for the new 2014 curriculum. It has been adapted from the existing GCSE resource and can be taught in Year 9 to cover KS3 Reading World Literature. If you require the GCSE version of Of Mice and Men please click here.
Of Mice and Men is a new KS3 English teaching resource with 29 lessons which explore Steinbeck’s classic novella in depth. Resources include a scheme of work overview, a 244 slide PowerPoint presentation and 58 worksheets. All lessons are structured using the four part lesson format - starter, introduction, development and plenary. To view the Of Mice and Men teaching resources PowerPoint click on the images.
This teaching resource has a range of activities for students of all abilities and includes the following:
• A brief biography of Steinbeck and the social and historical context of the Depression and the 1930s
• Activities to develop knowledge of the plot
• In depth analysis of the characters of George, Lennie, Candy, Crooks, Curley’s Wife, Curley and Slim
• Exploration of key themes - dreams, loneliness, racism, marginalisation, friendship
• The social and historical context of the novel (the Wall Street Crash and the depression of the 1930s)
• Developing awareness of the features of a novel – character, theme, plot, style, etc
• Teaching the use of Point/Evidence/Explain to write about Of Mice and Men
• Steinbeck’s message and the role of Crooks, Curley’s Wife, Candy and Lennie
• Cloze passages for each chapter to consolidate understanding of the plot
• Analysis of Steinbeck’s language in key scenes
• Steinbeck’s creation of tension and suspense
• Hot seating activities
• Empathy question preparation - diary and letter writing
• Sequencing activities
• Developing inference and deduction skills
To preview the Of Mice and Men PowerPoint teaching resources please click on the images.Our Price : £15.99 / 16 Credits