Mr Stink by David Walliams - teaching resource
English Teaching Resources – Mr Stink
Prose > Modern Literature > Novel
Mr. Stink by David Walliams teaching resource
68 slide fully editable PowerPoint presentation
Mr Stink is an excellent English teaching resource which includes a wide range of activities and lessons for children of all abilities. Activities include:
- Making predictions
- Finding out about the author - background information, film clips from ‘Authors Live’ about David Walliams
- Empathetic writing - Chloe Crumb’s diary and writing an agony aunt letter
- Studying key characters - Chloe, Mr Stink, Mother, Dad, Annabelle, Raj and The Prime Minister
- Exploring David Walliams's use of vocabulary
- Looking at abstract nouns
- Studying and discussing key themes - bullying, homelessness, courage, depression, poverty, ethics
- Exploring events, characters and themes - using zone of relevance technique
- Making an advertisement for Raj's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Stationery Set
- How to transform a chapter into a play script
- Question Time style debate
- Analysing narrative writing and character representations
- Writing to instruct and writing to explain activities
- And lots more!
In addition to the above activities, there are weblinks to extend and enrich pupils' learning and teachers will identify PSHE opportunities arising from these activities (Homelessness; Bullying; Reasons for keeping a pet, etc).
Mr. Stink by David Walliams is not intended to be a prescriptive unit of work where all activities are worked through slavishly, although it is structured chronologically. Teachers should select from, and adapt, these resources to meet the needs of the pupils they teach.
To preview English Teaching Resources: Mr Stink (David Walliams) please click on the images from the PowerPoint lessons opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £9.99 / 10 Credits