Mother, Any Distance - teaching resource
GCSE English (9-1) Teaching Resources: Mother, Any Distance by Simon Armitage is a GCSE English poetry teaching resource which contains a comprehensive 28 slide PowerPoint and five worksheets.
English Teaching Resources: Mother, Any Distance by Simon Armitage has been made for the new AQA GCSE English syllabus and contains a selection of lessons, ideas and activities for all abilities, such as:
- An introduction to the poet Simon Armitage.
- Analysis of Mother, Any Distance by Simon Armitage - discussion of concepts and consolidation of understanding.
- A link to a copy of the poem
- Structure – analysis of how Simon Armitage uses structure and the sonnet form to convey meaning.
- Imagery - Analysis of the impact of Armitage’s imagery and the use of extended metaphor.
- Language – activities which explore word choices and how to use P.E.E
- Themes of Mother, Any Distance explored, with consolidation notes.
- A 28 slide PowerPoint resource for teaching Mother, Any Distance by Simon Armitage.
- 5 worksheets go with the PowerPoint.
To preview the GCSE English Teaching Resource: Mother, Any Distance by Simon Armitage click on the PowerPoint images.