Mametz Wood - teaching resource
Mametz Wood Teaching Resources
Mametz Wood by Owen Sheers (39-slide PowerPoint with 3 worksheets) is a 9-1 GCSE English teaching resource for the poem ‘Mametz Wood’ by Owen Sheers.
This teaching resource is made up of a range of activities which explore ‘Mametz Wood’ by Owen Sheers in depth and cover the poem’s language, tone, form, style, poetic devices, themes and structure in detail. The resource is ideal for first teaching the poem and revising it as the exams are approaching.
Our Mametz Wood teaching resource includes:
- A short transcript of Owen Sheers talking about the poem
- Consolidation and comprehension tasks
- Investigating Sheers’ use of imagery and language in ‘Mametz Wood’
- Investigating form, structure and Sheers’ use of poetic devices
- Modelling how to use P.E.T.E.R. to write about ‘Mametz Wood’
- Discussing themes and ideas
To preview 9-1 GCSE English Teaching Resources: Mametz Wood please click on the PowerPoint images opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £3.99 / 4 Credits