Macbeth teaching resources - 157 slide Powerpoint with 32 worksheets and a scheme of work overview.
A 157 slide Powerpoint teaching resource with over 30 accompanying worksheets and a lesson by lesson unit plan overview.
This resources has been updated and can now be used with the existing English GCSE as well as the new GCSE (9-1) English qualification as covered by the AQA, WJEC Eduqas, Edexcel and OCR exam boards.
These teaching resources are an excellent introduction to Macbeth for students. The resource comes complete with PowerPoint, worksheets and step by step lessons to help teach ‘the Scottish play’. Each of the 22 lessons use the four part lesson structure - starter, introduction, development and plenary all of which are designed to develop pupil knowledge and understanding of the play. Our Macbeth teaching resources contain a varied mix of activities for pupils of different ages and abilities and include:
* a biography of Shakespeare's life and the Elizabethan theatre
* activities to develop knowledge of the plot
* in-depth analysis of the characters of Macbeth and Lady Macbeth
* exploration of the key themes (ambition, betrayal, evil, etc)
* the social and historical context of the play – witches, witchcraft and the play’s presentation of women
* developing awareness of the features of a drama text
* teaching the use of Point/Evidence/Explain
* Macbeth's motivation and the role of Lady Macbeth, Banquo and the Witches
* cloze passages to consolidate understanding of the plot
* analysis of Shakespeare’s language and Macbeth's key soliloquys
* Shakespeare's use of tension and suspense
* hot-seating activities
* empathy writing tasks – diaries and letters
* sequencing activities
* video links to help the teaching and learning of key scenes
* developing inference and deduction skills
To preview our Macbeth teaching resources please click on the images.
Our Price : £19.99 / 19 Credits