Macbeth teaching resources - 163 slide PowerPoint with 23 lesson plans, 20 worksheets and a scheme of work overview.
A 163 slide Powerpoint teaching resource with 20 accompanying worksheets, 23 detailed lesson plans and a scheme of work overview.
This resource has been updated for 2017 and can be used with the GCSE (9-1) English qualification as covered by the AQA, WJEC Eduqas, Edexcel and OCR exam boards.
These teaching resources are an excellent introduction to Macbeth for students. The resource comes complete with PowerPoint, worksheets and step by step lessons to help teach ‘the Scottish play’. Each of the 23 lessons has a detailed lesson plan which use the four part lesson structure - starter, introduction, development and plenary all of which are designed to develop pupil knowledge and understanding of the play. Our Macbeth teaching resources contain a varied mix of activities for pupils of different ages and abilities and include:
* a biography of Shakespeare's life and the Elizabethan theatre
* activities to develop knowledge of the plot
* in-depth analysis of the characters of Macbeth and Lady Macbeth
* exploration of the key themes (ambition, betrayal, evil, etc)
* the social and historical context of the play – witches, witchcraft and the play’s presentation of women
* developing awareness of the features of a drama text
* teaching the use of P.E.T.E.R. Point/Evidence/Technique/Explain/Reader
* Macbeth's motivation and the role of Lady Macbeth, Banquo and the Witches
* cloze passages to consolidate understanding of the plot
* analysis of Shakespeare’s language and Macbeth's key soliloquys
* Shakespeare's use of tension and suspense
* hot-seating activities
* empathy writing tasks – diaries and letters
* sequencing activities
* video links to help the teaching and learning of key scenes
* developing inference and deduction skills
To preview our Macbeth teaching resources please click on the images.
Our Price : £14.99 / 15 Credits