English Teaching Resources: Poems from Different Cultures - Limbo (Edward Kamau Brathwaite). 34 slide PowerPoint slideshow.
This Limbo resource fully utilises PowerPoint as an effective teaching tool, all PowerPoint slides are clear and easy to follow and use a number of techniques to help students develop knowledge and understanding of the poem Limbo. Large headlines, bright and effective use of colour, photographs of slave ships and a stunning video from Stephen Speilberg’s Amistad are all used to make the resource come alive on either an interactive whiteboard or overhead projector. The resource can also be used very effective on a PC or laptop in one to one tuition with students.
To view the complete Poetry from Other Cultures: Limbo PowerPoint in more detail you can preview the resource by clicking on the slides in the preview box underneath the resource’s description.
English Teaching Resources: Poems from Different Cultures – Limbo (Edward Kamau Brathwaite) includes a wide range of activities for pupils of all abilities such as:
* a quick biography of Edward Kamau Brathwaite and the social and historical context of the poem
* activities to develop knowledge of the narrative of Limbo
* exploration of the key themes of Limbo (slavery, colonialism, violence, hope)
* the literary, social and historical context of the poem (the slave trade, colonisation and empire building)
* developing awareness of techniques used in poetry – metaphor, imagery, alliteration, onomatopoeia, etc
* teaching the use of Point/Evidence/Explain to write about Limbo
* Edward Kamau Brathwaite’s political purpose and message
* analysis of Braithwate's use of language in Limbo
* Edward Kamau Braithwaite’s use of poetic techniques
* developing inference and deduction skills
To preview English Teaching Resources: Poems from Different Cultures – Limbo (Edward Kamau Brathwaite) click on the images.Our Price : £4.99 / 4 Credits